Goodfellow'sErnie Goodfellow was a butcher; he had the shop just to the left of the Mace shop. See newsletter tribute Before the Post Office was in its present position, it was at this shop in Ashfield Road. The trees in front have gone now.
EK: confirms this location; she'd been in there dozens of times; it was run by Mr Collin, and his daughter used to work there; a couple of telegram boys always waiting outside with their bicycles.
1. The Old Post Office, 1912 .. Full size