On 14th January 2007 Jean Folkard and I visited David Black, grandson of the David Black who was Chairman for some years. He kindly bequeathed us a variety of papers, including
- those featured on this page;
- some photographs, covered by a 1969 letter (below) from Walter Parr to Fred Armstrong, who was for some time in the pay office;
- accounts for Dec. 1929 and 1934;
- many letters (1920s) from Mr A.C.Corner, an agent for the company's output, mostly concerning the great difficulties in the pork market at that time - these have not been included in this archive;
- "Monthly Notes" which the firm published in 1931-3 as "a means of contact between the management and the members..."; these contained mostly articles of a general nature, such as The [national] Pig Marketing Scheme and other industry or governmental matters, so are not reproduced here, but there were also articles on the local Pig Shows and an essay competition on pig breeding (prize 1 guinea).