Homefield CottageBuilding Status: No Longer Exists
On 1841 map this cottage was occupied by Reuben Sayer, tailor, and the field behind was named “Home Meadow”, both owned by Robert Jackson. Why Home Meadow? Street Farm had Home Field and Further Home Field closer to it than this; and for ownership reasons it can hardly have been the Home Field for White House Farm. The cottage belonged to, and was eventually pulled down by, Frank Nunn from some time after 1909 until about 1946.
We think Caroline Watts lived here in the 1880s, held a two-week mission in 1884, erected a small iron church for 4 years.
Perhaps Homefield is in the background of this picture