Dick Burch: A medium sized farm of 89 acres of arable land, employing two farm workers, when Wilfred Prior was the farmer in the 1930s and 1940s.Also pigs, chickens and bullocks kept on this mixed farm. In 1951 Hadlow Wright was running the farm and a small brick making business. In 1951 Hadlow Wright was running the farm and a small brick making business. Soon afterwards George Wright was farming here. Arthur Pink ran Kiln Farm in the 1960s and after his death his widow Mrs Dawn Pink carried on, until Jim Baker bought the farm in the early 1970s. The farmhouse now became a Bed and Breakfast business.
The former remains of the brickworks and brick pits in the fields around became overgrown. There was soon not much evidence of it to be seen, just like over at the much bigger Woolpit Brickworks. They used to be close by up the A45 main road, but they had been closed down in the early 1950s. Of course, with the new wide A45 by-pass being constructed here in the late 1970s, it is a bit difficult to remember what this part of the parish looked like As for the Kiln Farm fields they remained more or less the same, except for those along the Elmswell ridge, where they were partly covered by the new housing development in Warren Close.