St. John's Football Team, c.1920

Picture contributed to the Newsletter of October 1995.

Photographed in front of the Old Rectory by Rev Sayer who took a keen interest in the team. The St John's Team was known as "The Lily Whites" whilst the Elmswell Foot- ball Club team - drawn in the main from the Bacon Factory - were "The Blood- and Sawdusts".
Back Row L to R: William Manning (the only one with 'proper' boots), George Mulley, Dan Hurst (linesman), Cyril Collett, Neddy Gould, Fred Redit, Len Cardy, Fred Farrow.
Front Row L to R: Reg Cooper, H (cigarette in hand) Redit, Bill Farrow (aged 15), Cecil Cooper.